Just a word about YumApplet
tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Mon May 29 11:28:43 UTC 2006
seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 13:50 +0200, Damien Durand wrote:
>> It's possible to look the sources of this application? I'm intersted
>> to contribute, I need to know the list of thing to be made.
> the backend daemon is checked into yum cvs:
> the frontend applet is in fedora cvs, I think, but I've not seen it yet.
> Jeremy, where is it?
I found Jeremy's code here.
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at elvis.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
cvs checkout pirut
take a look at publet.py.
I have done a little test.
1. copy 'etc/yum-updatesd.conf' from yum CVS Head to '
2. create '/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf'
emit_via = dbus
run_interval = 60 # Check for update every 60 sek.
3. run 'sudo python yum-updatesd.py -f' from a directory containing yum
4. run 'dbus-monitor --system' in another window to monitor DBus signals.
5. run 'python publet.py' from a directory containing the pirut CVS
Every 60 sek, you will see DBus signal from yum-updatesd.py telling is
any updates is availible.
If any updates is available, publet.py will show an icon in the
I have used FC5 for the test and gnome-python2-libegg need to be
installed for puplet.py.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the devel