Core + Exrtas 2

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 20 16:36:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:32:56AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Perhaps what you are looking for is in rawhide. (That's what I run on my
> desktop.)

That may be. I've never actually tried to run rawhide on a permanent basis
because I don't have the time necessary to report bugs for any extended
period.

> > Please don't do this. It will just turn Fedora into yet another one of
> > many "backport security fixes only and make our users die of boredom"
> > distributions.
>
> There's a six month release cycle! Do you really die of boredom that
> quickly?

In the case of waiting for new drivers that are needed for Fedora to work
correctly on my box, I probably would, indeed, die of boredom waiting for
the next release.

> There's something to be said for a _little_ boring.

- Demanding that packages pass through updates-testing before going to
  updates is a little boring.
- Asking for ABI compatibility is a little boring.

"Security fixes only" is far too restrictif to have that qualification.

Emmanuel