package selection

e11321 at comcast.net e11321 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 9 14:33:02 UTC 2006

The other day I was showing someone all the software packages that are available and we had to wade through all the library and command line stuff to get to the GUI apps that I thought he might be interested in.  It would be useful if packages were tagged somehow as gui, library, cmd_line_app/tool etc so that non-gui packages could be easily filtered out by package selection tools.  For that matter, I might also just want to look at command line tools or libraries (for whatever reason).  It would be nice if this was brain ded easy.