default font "fixed" in xorg 7.1

Dan Hor á k dan at danny.cz
Wed Sep 6 07:31:52 UTC 2006

From: Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com>
Date:  Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:59:54 -0400
>> But doesn't the situation without the %{_x11fontdir}/misc directory
>> mean, that there was not any fonts.dir (or any other) file created in
>> this directory normally during the postinstall script? That the
>> uninstall process will remove all files (*.pcf.gz and fonts.alias) and
>> also the misc directory? For example when postinstall script failed?
>
>The change above only affects the uninstall case where we're really
>uninstalling the package (as opposed to uninstalling as part of an upgrade).
>The script in the if-case is run after uninstalling to update the fonts.dir.
>The change makes sure that we don't run mkfontdir if the uninstall actually
>removed that directory.  Some font packages share a font directory (such as
>the misc directory) so uninstalling a font package doesn't necessarily remove
>the directory, in which case we need to regenerate fonts.dir.

I have done a rebuild of the tinyerp package in mock. The xorg-x11-fonts-package should be OK, but the problem must in the Xvfb server binary. When running Xvfb without explicit -fp it cannot find the "fixed" font. But when I add "-fp /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc", it runs OK. Looking into the Xvfb binary with strings found out that it really doesn't know any font path. There is no /usr/share/X11/fonts or the X default /usr/lib/X11/fonts path encoded in the binary. Looks like I will do a bugreport into Bugzilla.

Dan