Anyone working on kdelibs4 snapshot packages for developers?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 15 16:14:49 UTC 2006

Is anyone working on parallel-installable kdelibs4 packages (similar to the qt4
packages we already have in Extras) for Fedora to be used by developers?
(kdebase4 would be nice too, of course, because some features require it.) I'm
personally interested in these in that I have a KDE-based app (KTIGCC) which
I'd like to start porting to KDE 4, so it would be nice if I could just apt-get
install kdelibs4-devel and start coding. (Don't worry, I don't need a working
KDevelop. ;-) I'm currently using QMake 3 and Anjuta's unmanaged makefile mode,
so moving to QMake 4 is going to be straightforward.) There are packages of KDE
3.80.1 out there already for OpenSUSE and Kubuntu, and even experimental dmgs
for Mac OS X without X11.

        Kevin Kofler