Cross-compilers.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Sep 18 15:30:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 11:07 -0400, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
> > How about just building binutils, then the compiler, then some libraries?
>
> That would be great if it's possible.  How is this going to work with
> only the headers supplied in binutils and gcc?

I believe it ought to go something like

 binutils < gcc < glibc < libgcc

We might want to put libgcc into a separate package for the
cross-toolchain, unless we can _fake_ the presence of glibc. We might
only really need a dummy DSO to link libgcc against; it doesn't actually
have to be glibc -- it only needs about 10 symbols to be present iirc.

--
dwmw2