Anyone working on kdelibs4 snapshot packages for developers?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Sep 18 22:42:52 UTC 2006

I asked:
> Is anyone working on parallel-installable kdelibs4 packages (similar to the
> qt4 packages we already have in Extras) for Fedora to be used by developers?

I'll take the collective silence as a "no". :-(

I might get started on it, but without some infrastructure to push the packages
to (Extras isn't it, I don't think a package changing API and ABI once a week
will be welcome there ;-) ) and without a faster build system than my Pentium
III, it's pretty scary.

Proper parallel-installability probably involves patching the packages so they
use different default directories for configuration (e.g. ~/.kde4 instead of
~/.kde), so the "different user" hack isn't needed. (I don't consider that a
good idea at all. Accidentally run a KDE 4 app as your regular user and you'll
end up with KDE 4 config files which KDE 3 apps probably won't understand.)

        Kevin Kofler