FC5->FC6T3 (DVD) upgrade dies. Time to consider test4? (Was: Yum upgrade?)

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Tue Sep 19 02:01:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 22:05 +0000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Gilboa Davara <gilboad <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > FC/RH should -really- really -really- consider doing a Test4 release.
> > FC6 is far from being ready from prime time.
>
> I would personally be happy with the state of Rawhide being fixed to the point
> that FC5 to Rawhide upgrade works, possibly both from an image and via "yum
> upgrade". That would probably be sufficient to guarantee that the release works
> as well.
>
> --
> Bojan

Upgrades have always worked in the past, while it has never been
"officially supported", and there have been issues with it from time to
time requiring some hoop jumping it's always been possible. I'd
certainly want to maintain that functionality.

Along with this and some pretty serious other bugs in x86_64 and the Xen
kernel I'd agree more testing is required.