kdump support on ppc64

Kay Tiong Khoo kaytiong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:10:16 UTC 2006

Hello there,

I am currently developing on using FC5 on a Power Mac G5. So far I
have been unable to get kdump working on ppc64. Installing the kdump
kernel from 2.6.16-2133 with the latest 2.6.17-2187 kernel gave a hang.

I also tried compiling 2.6.15-2054 as a kdump kernel and that didn't
work too.

I noted on the Wiki that FC6 Test 3 does not have kdump support for
PowerPC. Are there any plans to ship a kdump kernel with FC6? Also,
in the absence of kdump support, are there any other alternatives?

Thanks.
Kay Tiong