Keeping the Devel Mirrors Up-to-Date

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Fri Sep 22 08:35:42 UTC 2006

Dnia 22-09-2006, pią o godzinie 01:07 -0700, Paul Dickson napisał(a):
> I just did a "yum list extras" and it listed items that were listed in
> Wednesday's rawhide report.
Two days and you're complaining? Try updating FC5, where several mirrors
of "updates" repo are lagging 2-3 weeks :)

We really need mirrors to have content propagated by "push" instead of
"pull", or, because that's not really possible (or possible for only
small subset of mirrors), have central repodata and mirrors serving only
packages (that's how sf.net does this in a way). That would even make
yum bugs (not honoring timestamps and overwriting newer data with older,
downloading repomd.xml from another mirror than primary.xml and
complaining about checksums over and over again) suddenly disappear! :)

Lam