Help Needed -Adding service to Xinetd.d[Fedora core4]

tce tce tcegrid at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 26 15:09:09 UTC 2006

  hi,
  i am using fedora core4.I want to add an extra service called gsiftp.so i added the service file called gsiftp to /etc/xinetd.d and tried to start the service using /etc/xinetd.d/gsiftp reload it throws an error called gsiftp: unrecognized service.

  /sbin/service is a file which contains SERVICEDIR="/etc/init.d" as default location, i don't how to make it see the location /etc/xinetd.d.
  In FC-4 /etc/init.d folder not contain any file called xinetd inside it.

  can anyone help me to solve my problem.

  by
  thamizh