alsa-oss

Fibonacci Prower fibonacci.prower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:16:31 UTC 2006

2006/9/27, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr>:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 11:54:50AM -0500, Fibonacci Prower wrote:
> >
> > Actually including it instead of letting it be reviewed forever by two
> guys
> > - who seem to be the only ones who visit the BugZilla page.
>
> Ahem. Please have a look at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/NewPackageProcess
> and the links within (to Guidelines) to have a idea on the inclusion in
> fedora
> extras process. You are welcomed to contribute to the review of this
> package.
> There is a rigorous Quality Assurance done for new packages, they are not
> included based on an arbitrary decision.

It's not "new", it used to be included in Extras.

If you dig a bit in the wiki you'll see that any activity on the review
> bugzilla ticket is sent to a list read by all the fedora extras
> contributors.
>
> And there's also the PackageStatus page which lists stalled reviews such
> that
> people can look at these, and procedures for stalled reviews in case you
> xant to start a fresh one for the same package.
>
> If the package isn't in extras, it's because it hasn't attracted enough
> interest to be submitted/reviewed. The rule is that there have to be 2
> people sufficiently interested, the submitter and the reviewer.

Actually it's because the guy who removed it thought it was obsoleted by OSS
emulation modules - which is NOT.

--
> Pat
>
> --

Eye halve a spelling chequer, it came with my pea see
It plane lee marques four my revue miss steaks aye can knot sea
Eye ran this poem threw it -  your shore reel glad two no
Its vary polished in it's weigh, my chequer tolled me sew.