rawhide report: 20060929 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 15:58:36 UTC 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 11:48, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Sure. But I think it looks a bit odd to outsiders to have good hardware
> support in Fedora Core on one side (kernel, sane, often Xorg) but old
> drivers that lack support for new hardware on the other (gimp-print).

But in the case of the kernel, its a new release of the same code set, with
some improvements.  We're not going to switch to a kernel branch that has
been branched 4 years ago.  If a bunch of work went into gimp-print and
improved things greatly, sure that'd be an easy update.  This is different.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora