WIRELESS 0.3

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Sep 30 19:10:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 12:01 -0700, Frank S. wrote:
> Hi thank you for your reply, I do not have a lot of problem with
> wireless cards, but why we have to make it harder to people starting
> to use LINUX, It seams that other Distros do NOT have this problems
> about legal or they are not afraid (Ubuntu, freespire, SLED 10, Mepis,
> and others) the problem is that there are to many Distros and when
> people have problems with one they do not bother to fix the problem
> they just try another Distro, If we want to make Fedora Core Bigger we
> have to start thinking in a diff. way.

It has been adequately explained why Fedora Core / Extras don't carry
non-free software or why Fedora Core isn't shipping out-of-tree drivers.

The fact that other distributions (such as Ubuntu) include non-free
software / out-of-tree drivers is hardly on topic on the development
list for Fedora - it's just sad that they're effectively are undoing a
lot of hard work done by Fedora and a few others that care about free
software.

Please take this elsewhere. Thanks.

     David