sysvinit VS initng VS upstart VS launchd (Was: Future New Init for FC7?)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Apr 5 16:03:28 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas schrieb:
> [...]
> Maybe we need some infrastructure then, even more
> importantly for EPEL, were skipping the release should be even more
> relevant (as it has been already discussed and I guess this is somewhere
> on the wiki).

Not sure on this. EPEL has no own devel branch. So when we get closer to
RHEL6 we could simply branch all EL-5 packages that are still active in
Fedora (e.g. have no dead.packges file) and ask all the owners of new
packages to ask manually for a EL-6 branch. Sounds like a easy solution
for the problem and makes sure all packages in EPEL6 have a owner.

For stuff in the epel-testing repo it might be as easy to request a
delete a package shortly before the testing stuff becomes stable with
the next quarterly update. That's a bit manual work, but it hopefully
should not happen that often.

CU
thl