New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 20:59:59 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 16:47:12 Roland McGrath wrote:
> The final tree picture on the page shows all of:
>
>         core/development
>         development
>         extras/development
>
> are those supposed to be:
>
>         core/development -> ../development
>         development
>         extras/development -> ../development
>
> ?  Or else, what does it mean?  We're not going to have both merged and
> unmerged copies of all the development/ contents on mirrors are we?

For a period of time, the core/development and extras/development content will
stick around as it was last updated.  This will allow mirrors to have
something to hardlink against for the new merged content in
linux/development.  After a short time, the core/development will become a
symlink to linux/development as will extras/development become a symlink to
the same place, for a period of time before the directories are expunged all
together.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora