iwlwifi working anytime soon?

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:58:08 UTC 2007

Would anyone in the know care to speculate if iwlwifi is going to work
anytime soon? It's been in the kernel for a month or so (at least it
feels like a month) and has never worked for me and many others. From
the kernel changelogs, it doesn't seem like much is happening with it.

I'm not complaining. I'm willing to test it, that's why I removed the
old driver and tried to use the new one. But if nothing is going to
happen with it and it doesn't look like it's going to make FC7, a month
without wifi is all I can stand. I could enable the old driver but it
seems cleaner (i.e, more valid testing) if there is going to be progress
to just wait out the fixes and not install the ipw3945 driver.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |