Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:54:08 UTC 2007

it wouldn`t be a problem if you could say things like this:

1.2b3 > 1.2b4 and that just the changing number is compared to see if a
higher one is avalible.
so in this case that woud be this:

3 > 4

perhaps that`s possible with regular expressions..??? but than again you
can`t check in mysql to see if the version (with a "b" in it) is greather or
less than a existing version.

i will do my best to get this working ^_^ i would love to have the fastest
dependency checker in the world that`s realy working.. even without the
strange logic of version numbers.

to be clear:
1.01
1.10
1.1
== smaler than:
1.20

that`s how my dep checker will work.
and anyone that would be willing write this script in c++ with me?