Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:38:39 UTC 2007

> You could do that. But, do you really want your program coming up with
> different answers than the standard tools?

if the "standard tools" are using logic that`s just no logic than yes
someone needs to make a change

This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
> you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
> off I think).

you can say that (last part) again... it could take a long while till it`s
done.. considering that i just know what pointers are in c++ and besides the
pointers i know a few other basics but nothing interesting enough to be able
to make this stuff in c++ and that`s the exact reason why i`m first making
it in php.

Not to be rude, but could you start a sourceforce project and then get a
> mailing list to discuss this sort of stuff in private?

not for now.

This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
> you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
> off I think).

Well i need to visions of the people here to make this stuff work so that`s
one reason why i posted it here.
i could make a sourceforge account and create a mailing list there but it`s
highly unlikely that i would have gotten as much feedback as i get here. and
in the end it`s all for fedora do why not post it here. (perhaps the
fedora-list would have been a better place)