Fedora review day revived?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 11 09:01:21 UTC 2007

On 11.04.2007 10:51, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Trond Danielsen wrote:
>> with the growing number of contributors to Fedora, a challenge for new
>> contributors who want to get involved is finding reviewers and
>> sponsors for their packages. A quick look at
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=FE-NEW&hide_resolved=1
>>
>> tells me that there are many packages waiting to get into Fedora.
>> Somehow I think we should find a way to more quickly push packages
>> through the review prosess, and otherwise close the bug if it can't be
>> finished within a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>> I found this on the wiki:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/ReviewDay, and wondered if
>> anybody would be interested in bringing it back to life? I think it
>> would be good both for new contributors, and reviewers that could get
>> help reviewing packages by experienced members of the community. I
>> think once pr. month should be sufficent. Let me know what you think!

I'd say the Review Days might work if there is someone that really
drives the idea forward and gets enought people together on the review
days to make this an event that people have fun at and want to join.

Anyway:

> I think that a much better solution would be to encouroage people to exchange
> reviews, look for a package you find interesting that needs a review and offer
> to review it in exchange for the submitter reviewing one of yours.

This seems to be a good approach and one that IMHO is more important
than the review days. But it seems to me we might need to help people
with the "exchange reviews" idea a bit more -- e.g. give people waiting
for reviews more hints how to exchange reviews; maybe a document in the
wiki might help. Maybe in addition a page that people can use to find
each other.

CU
thl