DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Tanguy Eric eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Wed Apr 11 09:16:05 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 11 avril 2007 à 10:44 +0300, Jonathan Dieter a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 08:46 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> <snip>
> > I would like to see the yum-presto status after update with bandwidth
> > savings in human readable notation. If I'm not wrong there was that
> > status in 0.34 but I didn't see it later version - correct me if I'm
> > overlooking it.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Valent from Croatia.
> >
> Just a heads up - if you're not getting the screen with the bandwidth
> savings, then yum-presto hasn't downloaded any deltarpms.
>
> If this happens consistently, it's probably because your .repo files
> don't point to the yum-presto repository.  The easiest way to fix it is:
> in fedora-updates.repo, add:
> deltaurl=http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/updates/fc$releasever/$basearch
> and in fedora-extras.repo, add:
> deltaurl=http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/extras/fc$releasever/$basearch
>
> These should become automatic once repository makers start creating
> presto repositories themselves.
>
> Thanks for the positive feedback.

You have to put deltaurl in fedora-updates.repo and fedora-extras.repo
and not in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/presto.conf ?

When the original repo will create also deltarepo ? When you update your
system soon the deltarepo is not created and you download the packages
not the delta ones.

Is it possible to integrate presto with the gui updater ? (that you can
read the bandwidth savings ?)
Thanks

Eric