DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 16:05:43 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 11:55:13 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> There are obviously some fixes that are required at the client level:
> yum presto plugin. However we can encourage the mirrors to presto enable
> all the repositories right away.

Well, we don't ask the mirrors to generate things, we generate things at the
source and the mirrors just pick it up.  If the mirrors have to do something
themselves, we've lost.

> Since the client is in extras users can choose to install it for FC5,
> FC6 and rawhide (this one is esp interesting right now) and we should
> look at installing the plugin by default in F8.

I really don't want to add this midstream to a released product.  The right
process here is to get it working in rawhide during the open development
cycle, start producing the content for it at the source, have it mirrored out
and get more and more people beating on it during rawhide.  If it survives
and makes it into the released product as a default, that's awesome, from
that point on we use it.  Trying to start at a released product and port
forward just seems backwards to me, and not something I want to expose all of
our "stable" Fedora 6 users to.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora