DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 11 19:09:10 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 14:12:39 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> So let me ask. Who or which team decides this? What about application
>> defaults or which packages to install by default? Is this supposed to be
>> handled by release engineering or FESCo?
>
> Good question.  In the past it was the "core cabal" who is mostly now on FESCo
> as well as the release team, however these two teams have many more people on
> them than what was the cabal before.

Should FESCo be the deciding body here? I would like to have a team of
people look at decisions rather than a single person so that we have a
chance of a debate and different outlooks.

> I have a suggestion for a package to be installed by default that I
>> would like to see someone or a team take ownership and give me a
>> decisive response.
>
> Given that both the bugs you referenced are still in NEW state, I find it
> unlikely that we'd be adding this package to the default list in comps.
> Perhaps you haven't gotten any responses because the bugs that should be
> fixed for its inclusion are not fixed yet.

Actually I did get positive responses from the maintainer, upstream
developer and others. The enhancements are "nice to have" but the
package is still very functional in its current state.

Rahul