iwlwifi working anytime soon?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 20:20:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 09:58 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> Would anyone in the know care to speculate if iwlwifi is going to work
> anytime soon? It's been in the kernel for a month or so (at least it
> feels like a month) and has never worked for me and many others. From
> the kernel changelogs, it doesn't seem like much is happening with it.

Can people that have been having problems with iwlwifi try with today's
rawhide kernel (2.6.20-1.3056.fc7)?  I've had it work for me now on 4
laptops connecting to both an unencrypted and an encrypted (WEP) access
point where previously that was nowhere near the case ;)

Also, make sure you have rawhide NetworkManager + wpa_supplicant as they
could be involved in having made things start working.

Jeremy