cyrus-imapd

Tomas Janousek tjanouse at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 11:28:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:50:34AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> cyrus-imapd-devel  contains two static libs and headers.
>
> cyrus-imapd  contains no shared libs, but only executables.
>
> So, the -devel package need not require the main package.
> But I'm going to exclude cyrus-imapd-devel from multilib
> nevertheless for now.

Should I remove the require then?

Is this "need not" meant as "should not" or is it just "the problem wouldn't
have happened if it hadn't been there, but ..." ?

I haven't found any conclusion in the "broken deps outside of packagers
control" discussion on fedora-maintainers, so I'm not sure what to do.
It's not a big issue here becuase I don't have to split anything into a -libs
subpackage, but I saw a statement like "as a good -devel subpackage, it
properly requires its base package", so I'm kinda confused right now.

--
TJ. (Brno, CZ), BaseOS, Red Hat