system-config-samba

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 16:07:07 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 17:56 +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:

> > There really is no space needed in "%sA graphical interface for
> > configuring SMB shares" -- at that point, a generated list of copyright
> > holders is inserted with a trailing "\n".
>
> OK, thanks.
> I think it is a little confusing.
> Couldn't be done in an other way?
> Like "%s"
> and "A graphical interface for configuring SMB shares"

I can't really say how xgettext decides where to split long strings(*)
and whether I can influence that somehow (I don't think this is
possible).

(*) The original translatable string in the Python source really is:

"Samba Server Configuration Tool %s\n%sA graphical interface for configuring SMB shares"

The first %s is the version of the tool, the second is the list of
copyright holders. I've added a descriptive comment in front of the
original string which gets propagated to the .pot/.po files.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759