Yum-presto 0.3.9 - FC6 *and* Rawhide

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:23:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:10 -0400, Andrew Jamison wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> >

> I came in on the end of this thread apparently what exactly is the
> advantage of yum-presto or regular Yum?

yum-presto is a yum plugin which allows yum to download diffs of the
updated rpms that are available, if possible. In a number of
circumstances this can result in a dramatic size-savings for the
download and ultimately speed along the entire process.

yum-presto isn't an alternative to yum it is an enhancement. Yum still
operates the same, just that one addition to the process.

-sv