Root filesystem encryption patch set

Thomas Swan thomas.swan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:34:07 UTC 2007

> But remember, F8test1 is only a few weeks after F7.

Fair enough. I misunderstood the freeze.

The only problem that I've run into is that a kernel upgrade generally
involves a mkinitrd upgrade as well.   That has resulted in a few rocks if
you don't keep the previous kernel around.

Are there any ideas on keeping a repo or setting up some RPM/yum
dependencies that might help to keep everything in sync?

On another note, I'll be happy to support what I've put here.   When someone
gets time, I'll need some help with anaconda and getting it to trust and/or
read /dev/mapper/* devices as well as providing an option to handle the
encryption setup.  It's really cool to know that you've put a laptop in
hibernate mode and that all of your data and state is encrypted.