contributing a software through bugzilla

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 27 07:10:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:18:54PM -0400, Anton Kuznetsov wrote:
> him new links of the software in the same bug report. I haven't heard
> anything from him since April 16. Here is a question: do I need to
> submit new links as a new bug report? if no...how long does it usually
> take to review the software?

You should understand that in the Fedora project (just like in free
software) contributors are (in general) benevolent. And in general, when
they are not they are overwhelemed. So a review and sponsorship pending
may take very few time to be looked at if it is of interest for a sponsor
and/or a reviewer. But it may also take a great amount of time for many
reasons, like lack of interest from the reviewers, not enough time to
review, and any other reason you can imagine. Currently the review queue
is quite big because all the package formerly in core has to be
reviewed. But even before the merge review there were reviews that were
some years old.

--
Pat