contributing a software through bugzilla

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 27 08:49:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 01:02:45PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> If no one is interested in reviewing a package for years together then
> it is just hogging up the queue without the benefits. If a package has
> been submitted over say 6 months back then that submission is useless is
> most cases since newer software would have been released that makes the
> software as well as associated reviews obsolete.

Not necessarily. It should be judged on a case by case by submitters.
And even if there is a new version, the review should be continued in
the same ticket. The history of a submission may be interesting on its
own, closing tickets and reopening new unnecessarily makes things hard
to follow. Moreover removing tickets from the queue while they are not
reviewed is wrong and gives a false view on the number and the packages
waiting for a review. Stalled reviews (for good or bad reasons) should
be in the needinfo state (although it is possible that the meaning of
needinfo has changed with the new review process). Last reason to keep
them is that sometimes the upstream is informed about the submission and
closing without reason means having to recontact them when a new review
is done (it is the case for 2 old reviews of me, one not so old, the other
very old).

--
Pat