Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Apr 28 11:14:16 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 11:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> "I installed Fedora, but there is no foo, where can I get it?"
> "But it is in Fedora."
> "I'm sure it isn't, I just checked again."
> "OK, I also checked, it *is* there, are you blind?"
> "OK, just to be sure (maybe it has another packagename), I installed
>  everything, still no /usr/bin/foo. :("
> "Everything from Fedora and still no foo? That is strange, BTW how
>  long did it take to install everything, that must have taken quite
>  some time."
> "No, I have a fast DVD drive and I installed all packages of Fedora
>  from there"

Maybe we should call it 'Fedora <something>' to indicate the difference
between the core packages on the DVD and all the extra stuff available
from the network?

Not sure what sub-titles I'd choose. Something that indicates the
essential information about 'core' vs 'extra', I suppose.

Anyone got any ideas?

--
dwmw2