Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 14:41:18 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 07:24:47 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Fedora 7 Gnome Live CD
> > Fedora 7 KDE Live CD
> > Fedora 7 Everything
> >
> > All of these are good names.  You know what it is, just by looking at
> > the name.
>
> Except that none of the test releases of Fedora 7 called the GNOME live
> cd as that.  look at the announcement or
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/.  I have pointed this out several
> times before and this has not changed. Do you agree we need to call it
> by that name?

Max may have been quick to type in answering the other questions and this was
a simple typo.  The "Gnome" LiveCD is not named as "Gnome" for the same
reason that the Fedora spin is not named anything other than Fedora.  It is
the default and most suggested of the Live CDs and thus simply called the
Fedora Live CD.  The Fedora KDE Live CD is specifically crafted to showcase
KDE, whilst the Fedora Live CD is specifically crafted to put Fedora's best
foot forward in a reasonable usable desktop that will fit on a CD.  Again, it
is not a "GNOME" LiveCD by any means.  Many parts of it are not gnome,
especially areas like the browser.  A Fedora GNOME LiveCD could be crafted
that showcases a pure GNOME desktop, like the KDE LiveCD.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora