Plan for tomorrows (20070802) FESCO meeting

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 23:23:50 UTC 2007

> Mark wrote:
> > Perhaps what the future of the init system is gonna be?
> > And how the flicker-free boot stuff is going on?
>
> Both of these are off the proposed feature list.

See, this is why I think the new feature process still needs some
fine-tuning wrt. to the interaction with time-based releases.

These two features may not be on the list of features targetted for F8,
but they are very much still being worked on. Just saying they are
"off the proposed feature list" sends the wrong message.