RPM roadmapping

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 2 01:23:47 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> said:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:44:00 -0500
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> > Hey, I still use rpm on Tru64 and Solaris!
>
> Thus proving the point.

Me insane?  That's unpossible!

Basically, since I build a bunch of my packages myself, it is a lot
easier to use one package tool (that I already know) rather than learn
two new ones.  For a few packages (that I use in multiple places), I
build from the same SRPM on Linux, Tru64, and Solaris.  About the only
OS-specific thing in the spec file is location of init scripts.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>