RPM roadmapping

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 16:14:19 UTC 2007

Panu Matilainen wrote:

> Not everybody is on rpm-maint list and we'd like to hear the wishes of
> (Fedora) developers/packagers too. So: what have you always wanted to do
> with rpm, but wasn't able to? Or the other way around: what you always
> wished rpm would do for you? What always annoyed you out of your mind?

It'd be nice to move away from signatures on packages, towards
certificates which are signed and contain a cryptographic sum and a data
blob.  That would allow for multiple signatures that specify their
purpose directly, rather than inferring multiple purposes from a
signature that merely specifies that the contents haven't changed.

--
   Peter