Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 7 18:52:23 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

> There's some mention of usability and robustness there that don't match
> my experience except around mid to late FC3 and FC6.

You can continue changing interfaces quite rapidly without affecting
robustness. If there are problems with robustness file bug reports. Did
you file any?

> Robustness is something you can observe without knowledge of internals.
>   Why something breaks is not particularly relevant.

Pretty much. So your real concern is not ABI but things not breaking. So
  if anything included in Fedora breaks report it. If it is not Fedora
specific consider reporting upstream.

> Can you - or someone - comment on whether you'd trust it with your
> working copy of something important?

I don't have firewire devices but if my data is important to me, I would
consider doing automated backups. All my work is done in Fedora. So I do
absolutely depend on it.

Rahul