find-debuginfo.sh

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 15:37:25 UTC 2007

So it appears with the latest rpm build in koji
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=13088
rpm-4.4.2.1-3.fc8) there is a drop in replacement for
find-debuginfo.sh.  This is just dropped into cvs/pkgs to override the
find-debuginfo.sh from the upstream source tarball.  In it are things
for buildID, such as creating a symlink, and more importantly, erroring
the build if no buildID is found.

Since this was done rather quietly (as far as I can tell) with no
announcement, no discussion, no wiki page update
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId still says that
"find-debuginfo.sh WRITTEN, UNTESTED"), and no (that I can find) help
in um, debugging the debuginfo failures I'm of a mind to revert this
change immediately.  We have builds failing due to no buildID and
maintainers with no earthly idea as to how to fix this.

Any opinions before I revert this change until we can get some
supporting documentation, and warning that this will go into effect and
potentially break our builds?

--
Jesse Keating