F8 Feature Tracking & Testing

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 04:27:04 UTC 2007

Hi Feature Owners and Testers

A quick update and thank you to all the feature owners for keeping your feature pages updated and helping this new process to run smoothly.  I believe this may be the earliest stage of a Fedora releases so far where we have we have a clearly defined list of what we are tracking for the next release--http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/FeatureList

With Fedora 8 Test 1 out in the wild, it is not too early to start testing the features already finished or completed enough to be added.

Feature owners, please update: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/8#features with information about areas ready for testing and specific areas where targeted testing would be helpful.  This is also a useful page to point interested testers to if there are questions like "how or what can I help test?"

In the future I hope to do a better job of collecting this information before Test 1 launches so that it can be part of the release announcement.

I have been somewhat relaxed about reminding people to update feature status on the 1st and 15th of each month [1] and for the most part people have done a great job on their own :-).  2007-08-15 will be an important status date as it will be the last milestone before feature freeze on 2007-08-28, when all features must be completed.  If you have not updated the status of your feature in the last 15 days or more, please do so before 2007-08-15.

Thank you,
John

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy#status