suuport for ATI R500 (ex Re: rawhide report: 20070808 changes)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Aug 9 13:07:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 07:20 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:

> > A friend of mine asked me to package the experimental free driver for
> > ATI R500 (which I did, see
> > http://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/xf86-video-avivo/; incidentally, the
> > package works for him) Are there any plans to include support for this
> > chip in the mainstream package xorg-drv-ati package  ?
>
> I think Adam Jackson has avivo driver rpms on his people.redhat.com
> account still, maybe combining the effort would mean we could get it
> into Fedora as the "will eat your kitties" experimental type deal, kinda
> like nouveau is included atm.

I don't think that driver is up to par yet, or even works on most of our
systems just yet (at least it didn't on the last package Adam put out).
And he said he wouldn't include it in rawhide until it started to work,
even if it was only one system.  So far I don't think it has yet (I
think pciids are the problem, not sure).

Maybe ajax can chime in on a quick status of this driver.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"