Disabling atime

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:24:22 UTC 2007

2007/8/10, dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com>:

> > > I would appreciate more details. If you got various details, specify
> them.
> >
> > Ingo's approach to relatime is very nice. Basically treating the atime as
> > having a day sized granularity plus relative changes for comparisons with
> > ctime/mtime - that means all the tmpwatch tools continue to work, HSM
> > continues to work and mutt is happy
>
> that seems to way to go imho
> not only for fedora but also upstream

turning off features that have design flaws in my eyes simply isnt a
fix, but only a mere attempt to cure the symptom from a pure
philosophical point of view. surely alot of more experienced users do
use and enjoy those workarounds but at the end of the day we are
crippling features instead of fixing issues.
workarounds just slow down fixes though.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl