Fedora x86_64 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-08-11

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Aug 11 22:53:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 16:31 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:

> alacarte-0.11.3-3.fc7	(build/make)	rstrode at redhat.com

Looking at this example, configure fails like this:

Possible unintended interpolation of @INTLTOOL_ICONV in string
at ./intltool-merge line 94.
Global symbol "@INTLTOOL_ICONV" requires explicit package name
at ./intltool-merge line 94.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at ./intltool-merge
line 252.
make[1]: *** [alacarte.desktop] Error 9

This is probably a relatively common problem, so I should probably
explain the problem and the fix: It happens if you autoreconf a
tarball which was produced with intltool 0.35.5 in a buildroot
which has intltool 0.36. The fix is to either avoid autoreconf
or intltoolize --force or wait for a new upstream tarball that
was produced with 0.36. And no, I'm not a fan of intltool...

Matthias