Enabling Compiz by default?

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:57:56 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 05:13:05AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> This was basically what I was driving it. If we could enable Compiz by
>> default and automatically fall back to metacity, we would get Compiz out
>> I of the box on Intel hardware and a few others.
>>

> I don't see the connection. The KDE case is discussing adding bling to a
> window manager. The Gnome case is discussing replacing the window manager
> with bling.

no replacing the windowmanager with an other windowmanager. (was already
done in the past)
> This is not the same thing.
>
> Without being able to run 3D apps properly on a composited desktop its all
> irrelevant anyway

at the moment yes it only works with the binary nvidia driver and even
here not perfectly "black window bug" ... but we should reconsider this
when Kristian and Dave have finished there work on dri and the xserver.
(fedora 9+)