Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 04:39:09 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Christian Iseli <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:39:54 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:19:51 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > > https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/33
> >
> > Needed is anonymous access to pkg src.rpm %name, primary maintainer,
> > co-maintainers, Cclist.
>
> I need something similar for the Perl script that I use to maintain the
> PackageStatus pages here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus
>
> Needed items:
>  - exhaustive list of packages in devel collection
>  - exhaustive list of packages in maintained, released Fedora collection
>  - link packages to owners
>  - possibly list of orphaned packages

If it makes sense for you to use JSON in your script, you can probably
tie right into the interface that bugzilla and the vcs acls use.  (a
quick search shows that Fedora has several perl-json modules:
perl-JSON, perl-JSON-XS,)

Checkout https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugzilla?tg_format=json
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/vcs?tg_format=json

(Note: Leaving off the ?tg_format=json will bring up a web page that
might be better for getting a rough idea of what each provides.)

I also have a list of orphan packages that I worked on briefly to see
how easy it was (very) but I never finished it and linked it into the
website anywhere.  If you want to help work on it, there's a ticket
open here:
  https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/16

which includes a link to that unfinished code running on the development server.

-Toshio