Feature: Fedora Electronic Lab

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Aug 14 07:32:00 UTC 2007

>>> This looks like it would be served better as a custom spin of F8.
>>> It's not really a feature so much as a package collection.

>> Calling it a feature allows us to highlight the focused effort that
>> has gone into bringing these set of packages into the Fedora
>> repository. I think that is a good thing to do.

> I suppose that is true.  It can be done either (or both!) way.

A problem with the special purpose spin approach is a particular user
might need the focus of two or more spins, then he is back to installing
packages anyway.  Spins are great if there really is one purpose, but
the main effort seems to need to be in the packaging aspect either way,
which Chitlesh seems to have been busy (!) with.

-Andy