PulseAudio is now enabled by default on new Fedora installs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 17 01:18:29 UTC 2007

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung <at> 0pointer.de> writes:
> 4. What about KDE?
>
>   Yes, what about it? TBH I don't know. All I know is that KDE still
>   ships aRts, but I have no idea what steps would be necessary to get
>   properly supported in KDE. If you're into KDE and interested to get
>   PA working properly with KDE, ping me!

We KDE SIG folks will be taking care of this. The options are using either the
PA ALSA plugin or PA's ESD emulation (aRts can output to ESD), though last I
checked aRts's full duplex mode didn't work with PA's ESD emulation. I haven't
tried the ALSA plugin yet. We'll see what works best.

KDE 4 uses Phonon which uses xine-lib which supports PA natively.

        Kevin Kofler