why i cannt only update pidgin through yum

Ken YANG spng.yang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:37:15 UTC 2007

roopesh majeti wrote:
> i just did a verify of the same in fc7. and it is of 1.5 M size.
> pidgin update is do available :
>
> latest version is :
> 2.1.0-2.fc7
>

> and even the yum update list of pidgin is showing it up
>
> yum list updates pidgin
> fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> updates                   100% |=========================| 1.9 kB
> 00:00
> Updated Packages
> pidgin.i386                              2.1.0-2.fc7
> updates

following was what i just did in my system:

-(:14:08:$)-> sudo yum clean all
Cleaning up Everything
-(yangshao at Nerazzurri:pts/2)-----------------------------------------------------------(~)-(4/120)-
-(:14:30:$)-> sudo yum  update pidgin
Setting up Update Process
development               100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 4.2 MB
02:41
livna-development         100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 102 kB
00:03
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Could not find update match for pidgin
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

my yum.conf is as i showed in the first mails. as vidal said,
maybe is not in the mirror i use, or is being excluded by
repository? i have no idea about this situation

packages about yum i use now are:

yum-utils-1.1.6-1.fc8.noarch
yum-allowdowngrade-1.1.6-1.fc8.noarch
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.0-2.fc7.i386