GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

Harald Hoyer harald at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 11:44:05 UTC 2007

Harald Hoyer schrieb:
> Colin Walters schrieb:
>> However, I was fairly sure there had to already be something open
>> source out there to use as a start.  My initial googling wasn't too
>> successful (a lot of things called licenses), but then I had the
>> bright idea to add "Debian" to my search.  Turns out there's a license
>> analyzing script in
> s.th. like the attached perl script might be a start..
> is there a public fedora cvs where I can check that in, so that it can
> be extended?
> btw, I'm not perl guru, don't expect nice code..

ok, with the attached perl script, I quickly spotted for my packages:

initscripts:
Found Licenses: GPLv2, GPL (no version mentioned), GPLv2+

What makes that? GPLv2 ??

cdrkit:
Found Licenses: LGPLv2+, GPLv2, GPL (no version mentioned), LGPLv2.1+, GPLv2+,

What makes that? GPLv2 ??

nmap:
Found Licenses: LGPLv2+, BSD (no advertise clause), GPLv2, BSD (with advertise clause, not GPL conform), GPLv2+

uhh, bad one...