BuildID and proprietary (graphics) drivers

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Aug 19 20:17:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, Roland McGrath wrote:
> For such a package I don't know useful things the debuginfo rpm might ever
> have. Why don't you just disable it entirely?

That's probably an ok approach.  But with debuginfo packages disabled,
rpmbuild does not strip all the binaries which it does with them enabled, so
people may want to strip executables and shared libs explicitly during build
if the symbols are not useful.

> %define _enable_debug_packages 0

That does not disable debuginfo packages for me (F7 x86_64).  This does:

%define debug_package %{nil}