Development SIG -- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Development

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 16:39:52 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:04:19 -0400
> Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > . enable debuginfo repository
>
> That's going to be hard to do with the current tool set.  It would
> involve changes to the fedora-release package, or some sort of
> post-install processing.  That post-install processing isn't set up in
> any good way to fiddle with when composing a traditional tree.  Easier
> for the Live image case, but it wasn't clear to me if you were
> targeting Live or traditional install case.

I suspect Live based on some questions I've gotten from Andrew :-)  So
shouldn't be a problem here.

But in any case, we really do need to start spec'ing out how you can
make some of these sorts of changes to happen for more "traditional"
spins too.  There's no real reason[1] we can't use the kickstart config
to provide a script that's run after the installation of packages is
complete.

Jeremy

[1] Aside from the fact that there's some code not written