Disabling atime

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:08:00 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> SELinux is completely optional and doesn't cause functional regression.

Stops warning or error messages from "modprobe" being logged to my X
session log (~/X.log) if I'm in enforcing mode, because of the
security context?

> Well, actually I think Fedora is derailing due to its leadership
> committing one mistake after the other.

That's another issue :)

Why not default to "noatime" for all bar /tmp, and create that as a
separate partition / logical volume by default? Also, please disable
tmpwatch, as OFTEN I have found it removed files from /tmp (even with
atime ON) that were still needed, due to an X session being open for
more than a day or so. Clear /tmp on reboot instead.